Last Updated: Saturday, 01 March 2014 08:53
The Barkham Village Residents Association website was re-launched last year. Since then we have focused on bringing you the latest news about Barkham.
Now we offer you the chance to voice your opinion about Barkham - we are launching the Barkham Forum as part of this site. The forum will allow you to take part in discussions about matters that affect you in Barkham.
To visit the forum just select the 'Forum' option from the menu at the top of the screen, and remember you will need to register in order to be able to post on the forum.
Last Updated: Friday, 27 September 2013 14:59
The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Thames Valley, Anthony Stansfeld, will be holding a public meeting next week at the Wokingham Methodist Church oan Monday 7 October at 7pm.
Please see the attachment for further details
Last Updated: Thursday, 11 July 2013 19:21
Development Watch Group vacancies
To help to continue the work of the group in protecting the semi-rural character of Barkham against the threat of encroaching urbanisation, we are looking for:
- one or (if a 'job share') several persons to take over the convenorship role
- additional team members to strengthen the group.
The principal activities of the convenor are:
- To coordinate communications between members of the group, principally by email, organising meetings as and when necessary.
- To monitor planning proposals affecting Barkham, particularly in relation to the Core Strategy, and advising members of the group of material developments.
- To suggest actions in response to development proposals which could have a detrimental impact on Barkham.
- To play a major role in drafting briefing materials for posting on the BVRA website.
- To maintain the electronic mailing list and to be responsible for sending email alerts to subscribers.
- To liaise as appropriate with relevant members of Barkham Parish Council.
- To sit on the BVRA Committee (four meetings per year).
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact any member of the BVRA committee.
Last Updated: Thursday, 11 July 2013 19:20
The Barkham Village Residents Association's role is "to preserve and enhance the character of the Parish of Barkham as a community". The chairman facilitates this role and specific duties include:
To chair the Association, Committee meetings (4 per year) and the AGM.
- Co-ordinate actions across the Association's fields of activities.
- Represent the BVRA with outside bodies (e.g. Parish Council, media, the public).
- Recruit new Committee members when necessary.
- Write the Chairman's introduction to each newsletter.
Time commitment could be half a day per month.
If you feel you may be able to take on this important role in the local community or would like more information, please contact any member of the committee.