Last Updated: Tuesday, 07 June 2016 19:31
Every week some 27 pubs in the UK are closed and lost forever, but with your support we can safeguard The Bull at Barkham by nominating it as an Asset of Community Value (ACV). This would allow residents to have the first say in its future, if ever it came under threat.
Read more: Help Protect Our Only Village Pub
Last Updated: Wednesday, 04 February 2015 07:27
It has been announced that the monthly Saturday refuse collection lorry service that visited the Junipers has been stopped. The last collection was in January 2015.
Further details can be found on the Bartkham Parish Council website by clicking here
Last Updated: Friday, 27 September 2013 14:59
The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Thames Valley, Anthony Stansfeld, will be holding a public meeting next week at the Wokingham Methodist Church oan Monday 7 October at 7pm.
Please see the attachment for further details
Last Updated: Thursday, 11 July 2013 19:21
Development Watch Group vacancies
To help to continue the work of the group in protecting the semi-rural character of Barkham against the threat of encroaching urbanisation, we are looking for:
- one or (if a 'job share') several persons to take over the convenorship role
- additional team members to strengthen the group.
The principal activities of the convenor are:
- To coordinate communications between members of the group, principally by email, organising meetings as and when necessary.
- To monitor planning proposals affecting Barkham, particularly in relation to the Core Strategy, and advising members of the group of material developments.
- To suggest actions in response to development proposals which could have a detrimental impact on Barkham.
- To play a major role in drafting briefing materials for posting on the BVRA website.
- To maintain the electronic mailing list and to be responsible for sending email alerts to subscribers.
- To liaise as appropriate with relevant members of Barkham Parish Council.
- To sit on the BVRA Committee (four meetings per year).
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact any member of the BVRA committee.